If you are non resident in Spain and have decided to purchase a property here, these are the documents you will need:
• A copy of your passport.
• Marital status, age, children etc. (married couples applying for a mortgage should provide information about both spouses).
• Your last three salary pay statements or pension vouchers.
• The last tax declaration made in your home country (P-60).
• If you are an employer or are self-employed, a copy of your tax returns and annual accounts for the last two fiscal years.
• Information about other properties owned fully or partly.
• Details of the property you are planning to buy.
• A brief description of current job situation, other incomes, investments, debts and other properties whether abroad or in Spain, etc.
• Information about any other sources of income.
Spanish banks are lending around 70% to 75% of the banks valuation (not the sales price).
The remaining documentation of the property will be provided by the Abbey Properties estate agents, and lawyers in Denia involved in the sale.
Interested purchasers should consider around 10% on top of the sales price for property taxes in Spain.